The Summer Institute has not been scheduled for 2018. Please check back in Spring 2018 or contact Miley Grandjean (email@example.com, 646-5492) for additional information
The Summer Institute (SI) is a short intensive program that OCIP offers in May. SI provides an in-depth immersive course development experience for a small cohort of NMSU-Las Cruces faculty. It provides faculty with a combination of professional development workshops, mentoring, and work time to develop or revise their online course to meet an Internal Quality Matters (QM) review. SI participants generally spend 2-weeks in face-to-face cohort professional development sessions followed by up to 2-weeks of additional course development work time.
* Note: To receive a stipend, Faculty must generally meet a QM internal review before June 15. This is due to NMSU’s Fiscal year deadlines.
The Summer Institute provides you the opportunity to:
- Attend cohort workshops to design a course to meet a QM review.
- Receive one-on-one mentoring to support the development and/or revision of your online course.
- Develop a learning community with fellow online instructors.
- Be a full-time or part-time faculty or instructor for the NMSU-Las Cruces Campus.
- Have taken the Introduction to Canvas workshop from Academic Technology.
- Plan to teach the online course for NMSU-Las Cruces within the next 18-months.
The SI online application will be available in Spring 2018.
Please note: there are limited seats; some applicants may not be accepted. If not accepted, applicants will be considered for future cohorts.
By participating in this program, you understand that:
- Courses developed during OCIP Programs adhere to NMSU’s 11.05 Intellectual Property Management and Commercialization policy.
- This program will not teach basic computer skills or Canvas learning management system (LMS) skills. For help with basic computer skills contact Doña Ana Community College’s Customized Training. For help with basic LMS skills contact Academic Technology.
- OCIP will be collecting course review and evaluation data. This data will be collected to improve OCIP and to fulfill the requirements for OCIP reporting. This data will be kept anonymous.
Understanding the Stipend
NMSU considers stipends paid to employees as salary which incurs fringes as well as taxes and any deductions. For successful completion of the Course Development Institute, a stipend of $1,000 plus fringes will be covered. Taxes and any additional deductions will be paid by the participant.
|Gross||Net (Take Home)|
|$1000||depends on your withholding|
If you have any questions about the Summer Institute, please contact Miley Grandjean at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (575) 646-5492. For questions about Quality Matters reviews, please contact Sandra Johnson at email@example.com or call (575) 646-4476.