Using the Quality Matters rubric and other resources, this implementation plan will guide us to cultivate attention to quality in online course design. The plan involves a three-year period from July 2016 to July 2019.
The vision statement for our quality initiative is “Every course a quality course.” The goals of the implementation plan are:
- Design and present regularly-scheduled professional development based on Quality Matters™standards.
- Provide Quality Matters™awareness presentations to NMSU academic colleges.
- Establish and maintain ongoing communication with Quality Matters™support groups across the NMSU System.
- Support 100 (approximately 10%) of the NMSU-Las Cruces faculty/staff to complete the Quality Matters™Applying the Quality Matters™ Rubric workshop by 2019.
- Provide flexible review options to those who wish to use the Quality Matters™rubric and annotations on their own.
- Certify 50 (approximately 5%) NMSU-Las Cruces faculty/staff as Quality Matters™Peer Reviewers by 2019.
- Certify 12 Master Reviewers by 2019
- Certify 30 Peer Reviewers by 2019
- Formally review 36 (approximately 5%) NMSU-Las Cruces online courses using Quality Matters™by 2019.
- Informally review 100 (approximately 10%) NMSU-Las Cruces online courses using Quality Matters™by 2019.
- Informally review a NMSU Master’s degree online program using Quality Matters™by 2019.
Read the NMSU-Las Cruces Implementation Plan 2016-2019
2016-19 Implementation Status
Applying the QM Rubric Workshop Completions
Certified Peer Reviewers
Certified Master Reviewers
Informal QM Reviews
QM Recognized Courses