Using the Quality Matters rubric and other resources, this implementation plan will guide us to cultivate attention to quality in online course design. The plan involves a three-year period from July 2013 to July 2016.
The vision statement for our quality initiative is “Every course a quality course.” As such, focus on quality in online courses offers the following implementation plan:
- Design and present regularly-scheduled professional development based on Quality Matters™ standards.
- Provide Quality Matters™ awareness presentations to NMSU academic colleges.
- Establish and maintain ongoing communication with Quality Matters™ support groups across the NMSU System.
- Provide flexible review options to those who wish to use the Quality Matters™ rubric and annotations on their own.
- Apply Quality Matters™ standards to online courses in an online Masters degree program by 2016.
- Support 100 (approximately 10%) of the NMSU-Las Cruces faculty/staff to complete the Quality Matters™ Applying the Quality Matters™ Rubric workshop by 2016.
- Get 50 (approximately 5%) of the NMSU-Las Cruces faculty/staff to become certified Quality Matters™ Peer Reviewers by 2016.
- Get 50 (approximately 5%) NMSU-Las Cruces online courses formally reviewed using Quality Matters™ by 2016.
- Get 100 (approximately 10%) NMSU-Las Cruces online courses informally reviewed using Quality Matters™ by 2016.
Applying the QM Rubric Workshop Completions
Certified Peer Reviewers (10 Master Reviewers)
QM Recognized Courses
Informal QM Reviews