The One-Year-Plus Fellowship is not currently offered by OCIP.
The One-Year-Plus Fellowship (1Yr +) is a 16-month program that provides an in-depth experience for a small cohort of NMSU faculty. This program assists faculty in improving the quality of their online courses, reducing the cost of materials in their courses, and helping them become more effective online teachers. The 1Yr+ Fellowship online application is open from mid-July through mid-August. Accepted faculty members are notified in late August and the program starts in early September.
1Yr+ benefits include:
- Online course consultation and review
- Support for online course revision and development
- Workshops, webinars, and open labs
- Earn 48 professional development hours
- Earn $2,000 stipend for successfully fulfilling all 1Yr+ commitments
Full-time or part-time faculty and instructors from main NMSU campus are welcome to apply for the 1Yr+ Fellowship. Applicants must meet the following requirements:
You must have-
- Taught an NMSU blended or fully online course for at least one semester
- Blended – 50% or more of the course is taught asynchronously via an online learning environment
- Fully online – 100% of the course is taught online, predominantly asynchronously
- Access to your NMSU course that you have taught in a blended or online format that you can modify for the 1Yr+ Fellowship
- Approval from your department head
As a 1Yr+ Fellow, you must complete the following requirements:
- Document 48 hours of professional development between September and May by completing –
- A 36-hour online course where you are placed in a student role
- 12 hours of self-selected professional development
- Revise your NMSU online course that will pass an informal Quality Matters review
- Teach the revised course and gather student feedback
- Contribute to the NMSU online teaching and learning community
By participating in this program, you understand that:
- OCIP will be collecting course review and evaluation data. This data will be collected to improve OCIP and to satisfy requirements of OCIP funding agencies. This data will be kept anonymous.
- You retain the copyright on the online courses that you create. You grant OCIP non-exclusive rights to use or display your online course for the benefit of other NMSU faculty and the OCIP program.
- You will be required to complete 12 hours of self-selected, documented, professional development opportunities based on your personal learning path.
****Disclaimer: This program will not teach basic computer skills or basic learning management system (LMS) skills. For help with basic computer skills contact Doña Ana Community College’s Customized Training. For help with basic LMS skills contact Academic Technology.