The goals of the Online Course Improvement Program (OCIP) are grounded in best practices for online learning by:
- Fostering a culture of quality in online teaching and learning.
- Assisting the NMSU community in quality online course design and delivery.
- Providing a scalable, customized professional development model.
- Supporting the NMSU community with services and resources.
OCIP faculty development services are funded by the Course Delivery Fee charged to Distance Education courses. Many thanks to the Associated Students of NMSU (ASNMSU) for their support of OCIP from 2009-2016 by providing funds from the NMSU Student Technology Fee.
OCIP has an advisory board that meets three times a year to provide guidance and review the status of the program. One representative from each of the following organizations serves on the board. One of the main duties of the Board is selecting the Leading the Way recipient for recognition at the annual IIQ Awards and Recognition Ceremony. To see recipients of this award, please visit the Awards and Recognition page.
- Student Technology Advisory Council
- Faculty Advisory Committee for Technology
- Library Services
- Educational Technologies
- The Teaching Academy
- Information and Communication Technologies