The Online Course Improvement Program (OCIP) and Academic Technology (AT) invite you to apply to the Summer Institute for Online Course Development 2016. The three week Summer Institute dates are: May 17-20 (Tue – Fri); May 23-26 (Mon – Thur); and May 31- June 3 (Tue – Fri).
Attendance at the Summer Institute will provide you time, professional development, and support to design and develop your online course. Presentations will be provided to assist you in designing an online course that adheres to the expectations of Quality Matters (QM). Each participant will be assigned a mentor that is QM certified to assist and support the online course development process.
The Summer Institute goals are:
- Develop a course that meets the Quality Matters Standards in an informal review.
- Apply research-based online learning strategies to online course design.
- Utilize Canvas and other appropriate tools and technologies for onlinecourse design.
The expectations are:
- Develop an online course that will be offered at the NMSU Las Cruces campus.
- Develop a course that meets the expectations of an informal review using the Quality Matters rubric.
If your online course meets the QM expectations of an informal review, you will receive a $1,000 stipend minus taxes.
Please apply by April 19, 2016. Participants will be notified about acceptance by April 21, 2016.
If you have questions, please contact Miley Grandjean at email@example.com or call 646-5492.