The Online Course Improvement Program (OCIP) and Academic Technology (AT) invite you to apply to the Summer Institute for Online Course Development 2016. The three week Summer Institute dates are: May 17-20 (Tue – Fri); May 23-26 (Mon – Thur); and May 31- June 3 (Tue – Fri).
Attendance at the Summer Institute will provide you time, professional development, and support to design and develop your online course. Presentations will be provided to assist you in designing an online course that adheres to the expectations of Quality Matters (QM). Each participant will be assigned a mentor that is QM certified to assist and support the online course development process.
The Summer Institute goals are:
- Develop a course that meets the Quality Matters Standards in an informal review.
- Apply research-based online learning strategies to online course design.
- Utilize Canvas and other appropriate tools and technologies for onlinecourse design.
The expectations are:
- Develop an online course that will be offered at the NMSU Las Cruces campus.
- Develop a course that meets the expectations of an informal review using the Quality Matters rubric.
If your online course meets the QM expectations of an informal review, you will receive a $1,000 stipend minus taxes.
Please apply by April 19, 2016. Participants will be notified about acceptance by April 21, 2016.
If you have questions, please contact Miley Grandjean at email@example.com or call 646-5492.
Posted on 2016-03-21 10:06:06 | Category: Uncategorized
Congratulations to Dr. Ryan Goss from Plant and Environmental Sciences for completion of New2Online Program. This program provides support and professional development for those that are new to online course design.
The Online Course Improvement Program (OCIP) is professional development for NMSU faculty focusing on improving the quality of online teaching and learning. It expands on services currently available through the Teaching Academy and Instructional Innovation and Quality.
Professional Development Programs
Services provided by OCIP
OCIP provides NMSU faculty with the following professional development services:
- Quality Matters at NMSU – Las Cruces
- Peer Review of Online Courses
- OCIP Events
- Online Conference Access
- OCIP Resource Center
- Memberships in national organizations
The goals of OCIP are:
- Assist faculty in enhanced web course design and delivery while reducing student textbook costs.
- Provide faculty instructional design services with a framework that supports peer interaction and encourages best practices for online learning.
- Facilitate participation in national digital content consortiums and relevant communities.
- Create and support a culture of quality for online courses taught at NMSU.
- Develop a scalable, customized professional development model.
The following documents provide data on the events, attendance, faculty participation, and additional information on the overall impact of the larger OCIP program and 1Yr+, which is a targeted professional development program. Both quantitative and qualitative data inform the findings.