Leading the Way Nominations
The Leading the Way award recognizes an NMSU Las Cruces campus faculty, staff, or administrator who “walks the talk” in terms blended and online instruction. Someone who is an advocate and change agent in both action and word for Distance Education is eligible for this recognition.
To read the full description and to nominate another person or yourself for this award, complete the nomination form. Nominations will be accepted through September 16, 2016.
The Online Course Improvement Program (OCIP) is professional development for NMSU faculty focusing on improving the quality of online teaching and learning. It expands on services currently available through the Teaching Academy and Instructional Innovation and Quality.
Professional Development Programs
Services provided by OCIP
OCIP provides NMSU faculty with the following professional development services:
- Quality Matters at NMSU – Las Cruces
- Peer Review of Online Courses
- OCIP Events
- Online Conference Access
- OCIP Resource Center
- Memberships in national organizations
The goals of OCIP are:
- Assist faculty in enhanced web course design and delivery while reducing student textbook costs.
- Provide faculty instructional design services with a framework that supports peer interaction and encourages best practices for online learning.
- Facilitate participation in national digital content consortiums and relevant communities.
- Create and support a culture of quality for online courses taught at NMSU.
- Develop a scalable, customized professional development model.
The following documents provide data on the events, attendance, faculty participation, and additional information on the overall impact of the larger OCIP program and 1Yr+, which is a targeted professional development program. Both quantitative and qualitative data inform the findings.