Applying the Quality Matters Rubric Workshop will be help on March 3rd in Milton Hall 185J, 8:30am-4:30pm. Lunch will be served. Participants will experience the QM rubric from a course designer and reviewer perspective. To register for this event, visit the Training Central APPQMR Workshop.
Trouble registering? Please call the Teaching Academy (575) 646-2204.
Beth Apodaca (Instructional Innovation and Quality) and Mary Prentice (College of Education) are NMSU’s newest QM Peer Reviewers. Congratulations! To obtain this certification, they both completed a 20 hour online workshop. For more information on how you can become a peer reviewer, visit the Quality Matters webpage.
Posted on 2017-02-17 11:32:47 | Category: Quality Matters
Applying the Quality Matters Rubric Workshop was recently hosted where 10 participants experienced the QM rubric from a course designer and reviewer perspective. All 10 participants completed the workshop and were granted certificates of completion.
Posted on 2017-01-31 13:28:57 | Category: Quality Matters
Professional Development Programs
Services provided by OCIP
OCIP provides NMSU faculty with the following professional development services:
- Quality Matters at NMSU – Las Cruces
- Peer Review of Online Courses
- OCIP Events
- Online Conference Access
- OCIP Resource Center
- Memberships in national organizations
The goals of OCIP are:
- Assist faculty in enhanced web course design and delivery while reducing student textbook costs.
- Provide faculty instructional design services with a framework that supports peer interaction and encourages best practices for online learning.
- Facilitate participation in national digital content consortiums and relevant communities.
- Create and support a culture of quality for online courses taught at NMSU.
- Develop a scalable, customized professional development model.
The following documents provide data on the events, attendance, faculty participation, and additional information on the overall impact of the larger OCIP program and 1Yr+, which is a targeted professional development program. Both quantitative and qualitative data inform the findings.