On October 14, 2015, Kourtney Vallaincourt became a certified QM Master Reviewer from the Family and Consumer Science department. She is certified to lead formal peer reviews at NMSU and nationally.
Posted on 2015-10-21 08:09:13 | Category: Uncategorized
Dr. MacGregor-Mendoza presented at the LASSO (Linguistics Association of the Southwest) conference on September 10-13, 2015. Her presentation showcased her QM recognized course and the best practices as a result of her Quality Matters experience.
Leading the Way Nominations
The Leading the Way award nominations are now closed. 14 nominations were submitted. The OCIP advisory board is currently reviewing the nominations and will make a decision by the end of the month.
Online Course Improvement Program
The Online Course Improvement Program (OCIP) is professional development for NMSU faculty focusing on improving the quality of online teaching and learning. It expands on services currently available through the Teaching Academy and Instructional Innovation and Quality.
Professional Development Programs
Services provided by OCIP
OCIP provides NMSU faculty with the following professional development services:
- Quality Matters at NMSU – Las Cruces
- Peer Review of Online Courses
- OCIP Events
- Online Conference Access
- OCIP Resource Center
- Memberships in national organizations
The goals of OCIP are:
- Assist faculty in enhanced web course design and delivery while reducing student textbook costs.
- Provide faculty instructional design services with a framework that supports peer interaction and encourages best practices for online learning.
- Facilitate participation in national digital content consortiums and relevant communities.
- Create and support a culture of quality for online courses taught at NMSU.
- Develop a scalable, customized professional development model.
The following documents provide data on the events, attendance, faculty participation, and additional information on the overall impact of the larger OCIP program and 1Yr+, which is a targeted professional development program. Both quantitative and qualitative data inform the findings.